How Can We Help?
Conditional Display of Content After Grading
Sometimes you may want to display a page to students after an assignment has been graded. Here are two options for conditionally displaying content to students after grading.
Option One: Add Assignment Requirements
- Locate the name of the module and click the Options icon (three dots) and then select Edit
- Click +Add Requirement and select the following options:
- Students must complete all of these requirements
- Students must move through requirements in sequential order
- Click the dropdown arrow to select the assignment
- Click the dropdown next to the assignment name to set the requirement score at least and enter the score minimum
- Click Update Module to save
- When the student views the module, anything after the assignment will be greyed out and not accessible by the student until the instructor has graded the submission.
Option Two: Mastery Paths
Mastery Paths allow you to assign course content based on scores achieved for a previous assignment. See: What is MasteryPaths? – Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)
- First, allow any content pages you wish to use to be included in Mastery Paths by opening the page, clicking Edit and selecting the Allow in mastery paths checkbox at the bottom of the screen.
- Open the assignment and click Edit
- Click on Mastery Paths at the top of the screen
- Define the scoring range for your conditional content by clicking in the value and entering the new conditional range.
- Select the range where you want to add conditional content items and click the plus button. Then select the content and click Add Items
- Click the Details tab at the top of the assignment page.
- Scroll to the Assign section at the bottom and click +Add
- Now the content will appear as Locked until graded to the student. Once the assignment is graded, the content page from the mastery path will be displayed.